Upgrading RAM in VMware Player VM
- 0 Comments
I get a lot of questions on how to upgrade the memory in a VMware Player Virtual Machine (VM). So, I figured I would post it so everyone can see. It’s actually quite easy. Just follow these steps:
- Look for a *.vmx file in the directory that your VM is stored in.
- Open up this file in notepad or your favorite text editor (make sure the VM is shut down).
- Look for a line that looks like this: memsize = “256″
- Change the number to equal the amount of RAM that you want in your VM
- Start the VM and enjoy your new RAM
So there you have it. Just edit a simple text file and your VM has more RAM. Happy Virtualizing!
No related posts.
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.